Do you have tensed or stressed muscles, high stress or anxiety? This massage is for you!
Hot Stone massage is a technique that uses heated basalt stones along with massage oil or lotion. Essential oils may be added to the massage oil/lotion with your consent.
The Hot Stone massage is a particularly relaxing treatment. It helps to release tension in order to achieve a very relaxed state.
The stones are used by gently gliding them continually on your body. The heat from the stones lead to deep relaxation and by warming up tight muscles. You will be draped appropriately during your Hot Stone massage.
Please note: Do check with your family physician prior to booking your Hot Stone massage if you suffer from high blood pressure, varicose veins, history of blood clots and medication that thins the blood. Your physician will decide if it is ok to receive a Hot Stone massage.
This massage is contraindicated for pregnant women and children. It is also crucial to avoid hot stones around metal implants, wounds, weakened or inflamed skin, and recent wound surgery.
What to expect for your first Hot Stone massage
Your first appointment will begin with an introduction and a review of your lifestyle, medical history along with your current physical and emotional concerns. Chantal will work in collaboration with you to develop your short-term and long-term goals based on your specific needs. Chantal will create a tailor-made health/wellness plan to meet your goals and needs. A consent form will be explained/reviewed and signed with you. Your questions will be answered.
Next step, you will be lying down on a massage table appropriately draped, Chantal will start the session by applying massage oil to your skin. Holding stones in both hands, she will use gliding movements to move the stone along your muscles. She will be using Swedish massage techniques that can be used on your legs, arms, back, neck and shoulders. You will be able to release body muscles tensions and relax your mind. Total deep relaxation.
The Hot Stone Massage session will end with a resting period, allowing the work to integrate.
* Massage oil is used for delivering the Hot Stone massage. If you desire, you may ask for essentials oils to be added.
What you should expect after your Hot Stone massage?
Your muscles/mind will continue relaxing. Chantal will be recommending simple health & wellness self-care techniques to achieve your goals. It is recommended not to do any strenuous work right after your Hot Stone Massage. RELAXATION is the key word here.
Benefits of Hot Stone massage:
- Deep Relaxation
- Relieves muscle spasms, pain, tension and improves muscle relaxation
- Releases toxins and improves skin appearance
- Improves blood circulation and flow of energy
- Helps to promote better sleep
- Helps to reduce and manage stress/anxiety
- Helps to create a sense of comfort and warmth
Please note: This service supports medical care and is not intended to replace appropriate medical intervention or therapy.
Typically, the first appointment is as follows:
- Adults (16 years and older) only: One and a half hours for the first appointment. Subsequent appointments will be one hour (depending on your specific health concerns).
- Fees: 115$ each one-hour appointment.
- Schedule appointment: Call or text Chantal at 506-866-4233 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation policy: 24 hours before treatment to avoid 50$ cancellation fee.
- No show policy: 50$ fee.
- Insurance receipt available: Assencia is registered with Medavie Blue Cross to process your electronic claims. Do check with your insurance provider for naturopathy consultation coverage.
What to bring to your appointment:
- List of your medications
- A list of questions you may have