The best thing you can do for your health is to stop smoking. I am here to help you take your first step.
Wether you know where to start or not, I can help you become smoke free—whether from smoking cigarette or vaping. We will work together on this journey.
Come see a certified smoking cessation educator to help you through this journey. I will develop a personalized plan and provide you with the right treatment recommendations, tools, motivation, and support based on your needs to become smoke free.
Consulting a smoking cessation coach can double your chances to quit smoking and/or vaping. You will start seeing health benefits soon after your last cigarette.
Tobacco is the number one cause of preventable diseases and death in Canada.
According to the Canadian Lung Association, approximately 15% of Canadians currently smoke and 45,000 die each year as a result of smoking. The American Lung Association reports that there are approximately 600 ingredients in cigarettes. When burned, it creates over 7,000 chemicals. At least 69 of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, and many are toxic.
According to the Canadian lung association “Breathe”, the rewards of quitting smoking are:
- Within 8 hours of quitting: Carbon monoxide levels drop, oxygen levels go back to normal.
- Within 48 hours of quitting: The chances of having a heart attack start decreasing and the senses of taste and smell start improving.
- Within 72 hours of quitting: Bronchial tubes relax, which makes breathing easier, and lung capacity increases.
- Within 2 weeks to 3 months of quitting: Blood circulation gets better, and lung function improves by as much as 30%.
- Within 6 months of quitting: Couching, tiredness, sinus congestion, and shortness of breath all improve.
- Within 1 year of quitting: The risk of heart attack due to smoking falls to half that of someone who still smokes.
- Within 10 years of quitting: The risk of dying from lung cancer falls to half that of someone who still smokes.
- Within 15 years of quitting: The risk of dying from a heart attack becomes the same as for someone who has never smoked.
Want to stop vaping? Health Canada recommends users of vaping to consult a health professional to guide them toward the appropriate treatment. According to Statistics Canada, daily vaping is prevalent among users: 31% for those aged 15 to 19, 38% ages 20 to 24 and over 50% ages 25 and older.
Chantal is registered with Medavie Blue Cross as a Chronic Disease Management provider
- Fees: 115$ each appointment.
- Schedule appointment: Call or text Chantal at 506-866-4233 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellation policy: 24 hours before treatment to avoid 50$ cancellation fee.
- No show policy: 50$ fee.
- Insurance receipt available: Assencia is registered with Medavie Blue Cross to process your electronic claims. Do check with your insurance provider for chronic disease (asthma, COPD, and smoking cessation) consultation coverage.
What to bring to your appointment:
- List of your medications
- A list of questions you may have