Helping you breathe better.
Do you or your child have asthma?
One of Assencia’s primary goals is asthma education with a focus on helping you or your child prevent, control and/or minimize the risks associated with short and long term complications of asthma.
Chantal LeCouteur Morais, a certified asthma educator, will help you and/or your child to better understand asthma and how to best control the symptoms associated with asthma. Chantal is a health care professional with over 25 years of experience in health and wellness. Learn more.
You will learn about asthma self management skills to breathe better.
- What is asthma
- Asthma symptoms
- Asthma triggers and how to avoid them
- Asthma treatments
- Proper asthma device technique
- Asthma control
- Asthma action plan
If you answer yes to any of these following questions, ask your asthma educator for a consultation to help you improve your symptoms:
- Do you cough, wheeze, or have a tight chest because of your asthma? (four or more times a week)
- Do coughing, wheezing, or chest tightness wake you at night? (one or more times a week)
- Do you stop exercising because of your asthma?
- Do you ever miss work or school because of your asthma?
- Do you use your blue inhaler more than four times a week? (except one dose/day for exercise)
Good asthma control leads to:
- Breathing easier
- Maintaining normal activities
- Preventing emergency visits
- Having good nights of uninterrupted sleep
Chantal is registered with Medavie Blue Cross as a Chronic Disease Management provider
- Fees: 115$ each appointment.
- Schedule appointment: Call or text Chantal at 506-866-4233 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Cancellation policy: 24 hours before treatment to avoid 50$ cancellation fee.
- No show policy: 50$ fee.
- Insurance receipt available: Assencia is registered with Medavie Blue Cross to process your electronic claims. Do check with your insurance provider for chronic disease (asthma, COPD, and smoking cessation) consultation coverage.
What to bring to your appointment:
- List of your medications
- Your asthma medication/devices (inhalers, puffers, aerochamber and spacer)
- A list of questions you may have